Give smiles away often. It won't cost you anything, but it might be just what someone else needs.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Journal Beginnings

Hello everyone!
I hope you had a good day today. I actually did get a little inky today, so that is a very good thing. I get cranky if I'm away
from the studio for too long!

I thought I would show you how I started art journaling back in June of 2011.

 My first journal was a hardcover book I bought in a thrift store for $1.00  All the information I found on the Internet said to look for a book that had the signatures sewn into the spine, as I would need to remove several pages from each signature. This was done because after painting and embellishing the pages, the book would not fully close. (it still doesn't really close anyway!)

 
This is my first art journal. As you can see, it doesn't close!
 
 
Here it is spread wide open.
 
 
 
 
A few of my older pages
 
This is my latest page in this journal. It's tissue
wrapping paper Collage Pauge'd on with paint
and Tim Holtz Distress Ink rubbed on. I'm at the
"what next" phase!
 
 
I actually have four different style journals I'm working in right now.
Besides the above hardcover,
 
I have a travel size Moleskin . . .
 
 
a 7x10" soft-cover Moleskin
 
 
and my newest Dyan Reaveley 9x13" journal
 
 
I love this one because it can handle any spray ink
or paint you throw at it!
 
Next time I will post more pictures from the Dyan journal, and you can see pictures of some of my other pages on Instagram @crazycolorfulchristine or Twitter @crazycolorchris
 
Thanks for stopping by, and leave me a comment so I can say hello.
 
Christine
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Just amazing work!!! I really love your pages! So happy I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete